Number of Days: 2 days, 09:00 to 16:00. Lunch is included.
Your instructor is available during lunch and from 16:00-17:00 for
informal discussions about your specific area of interest or
|Sep 30/Oct 01
This training course is also available on-site upon request.
Additional Information: Call +31 33 7 630 636, or e-mail us at Training@Ringholm.com.
Summary of course content:
This training course focuses on HL7 version 3 and CDA as the basis for the implementation of messages or documents. The development process of new HL7 version 3 artefacts will be briefly touched upon; it is however not the focus of this training course.
Who Should Attend:
This training course is aimed at those that require an introduction to the HL7 Version 3 and CDA standards, designed for those who need to implement it or understand how it will impact their system integration strategy.
Goals of the training course:
Upon completion of this training course, attendees will be able to:
- Understand the core components of the HL7 version 3 and CDA standards.
- Find their way around the documentation.
- Explain why HL7 version 3 and CDA are seen as an important foundation for healthcare interoperability.
- Start the implementation process
Prerequisites: Attendees should have some knowledge of
data modelling and be familiar with processes in healthcare provider
organizations. Although not a requirement, knowledge of XML and HL7 version
2 will be helpful in understanding the material.
Depending on local requirements either the messaging track or the CDA track will be presented.
- Historical perspective
- Foundation: The HL7 Development Framework (HDF)
- Reference Information Model (RIM)
- Data Types, Data Type flavours
- The refinement process: from RIM to R-MIM and CMETs
- Interactions, Application Roles and Trigger Events (messaging track only)
- XML ITS
- The HL7 version 3 publication
- An Overview of the HL7 domains
- Vocabularies and Terminologies (e.g. SNOMED)
- Use of ISO OIDs
- Example domains, with examples
- Domain: Patient Administration
- Domain: Observation Reporting and Order Entry
- Domain: Message wrappers (messaging track only)
- Clinical Statements and Templates
- Clinical Document Architecture – CDA
- Country level implementation guides
- CDA Implementation guides (CDA track only)
- CDA validation / implementation (CDA track only)
- Software tools (CDA track only)
Course Materials: Ringholm will provide each participant with handouts containing all materials covered in the training as
well as other support materials.
Faculty: Rene Spronk, Kai Heitmann, (and/or other tutors, depending on the location and language of the training course).